GRUPO EMPRESARIAL BAMBÚ
In 2005, Grupo Empresarial Bambú launched its foray into the restaurant business by brothers Pedro and Fernando de León. Since then, five Japanese restaurants have been opened in Madrid, becoming major references in the catering world, due both to the quality of their culinary proposal and to their continued innovation.
And this has been proven by the numerous awards and reviews that they have received over the years:
- The award for “Best International Cuisine Restaurant”, given by Metropoli, a supplement of the Spanish newspaper “El Mundo”.
- One Repsol Sun awarded to the restaurant located in Hermosilla street, in Madrid, by the renowned REPSOL Guide.
- One Repsol Sun awarded to the restaurant located in Ponzano street, in Madrid, by the renowned REPSOL Guide.
- Two Repsol Suns awarded to the establishment located in Padre Damián street by the previously mentioned REPSOL Guide.
- The Spanish National Gastronomy Prize for “Best Head Waiter”, awarded to Mónica Fernández, Group Director, by the Royal Spanish Academy of Gastronomy.
- International Gastronomy Award Prix au Sommelier awarded to Mónica Fernández.
In 2016, the first restaurant outside Madrid was opened, specifically in front of the famous Turó Park, in the very heart of the Sarrià neighbourhood of Barcelona.
The Group’s aim for 2017 is to begin its international expansion with the opening – planned for the middle of the year – of two new establishments, one of which will be located outside the national borders.
99 SUSHI BAR is a place not to miss for those who love Japanese cuisine. It is worth pointing out its philosophy based on the respect for the product and the Japanese cooking techniques, adding a touch of refinement and exclusiveness to its dishes, as well as the excellent, close service provided by an outstanding team of professionals.
In 99 SUSHI BAR, you will be able to discover new sensations, such as the famous, Crispy Tiger Prawn Tempura with spicy and creamy sauce, the Wild Boar Gyozas with caramelized onions, arzua cheese and chestnut infusion, or the Grilled Toro and Smoked Iberian air dried beef temaki with a chili tomato emulsion and aromatized herbs. Neither can we forget the eel Nigiri, grilled foie gras and Toro Sashimi. Spicy Tuna Tartar and pickles salad with wakame seaweed and shoestring chips in kimuchi sauce, or Alaskan Black Cod au gratin with two layers of red miso are also two of the most renowned recipes.